Citizen Consumer Club
Citizen Consumer Club of our college is established for the purpose of spreading the awareness about consumer rights amongst all consumer segments and to help consumers get justice when affected. To enable students understand fundamental rights of citizen and make them realize and learn the fundamental duties of a good citizen. As a member of the Citizen Consumer Club, students can make them able to collectively involve them whole heartedly to help citizen consumers in upholding their rights and fundamental rights. They can stay together to be responsible and dutiful and remind citizen consumers of their responsibilities and duties. Awareness, Alertness and Action shall be the motto in creating the enlightened consumer’s society necessary to rediscover India’s greatness. They can inculcate the meritorious qualities and strive hard to live as responsible and dutiful citizens.
- To spread awareness on consumer rights amongst all consumer segments to students.
- To emerge as the best citizen consumer club at State Level adjudged by the Commissioner of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection through the State Government to Government of India.
- To enable students understand fundamental rights of citizen and make them realize and learn the fundamental duties of a good citizen.
- To inject knowledge and skills relating to consumer rights among our college students and to impart knowledge on product standards, product quality and about markets.
- To make them aware of laws enacted for protection/welfare of consumers and enforcement authorities concerned.
- To build a base of enlightened citizen consumer as the foundation of future India.
- Bring awareness and realization about duties and responsibilities as Citizen of India.
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Designation|
|1.||Mr. M.SURESHRAJA||Assistant Professor(CS&IT) & Staff Co-Ordinator(CCC)|
|S.No||Name of the Student||Class||Position|
|1.||S.Kishore||III B.Sc CS||Secretary|
|2.||D.Keerthana||III B.Com||Joint Secretary|
|3.||P.Srikanth||II B.Sc CS||Treasurer|
Events - 2019-2020
|S.No||Date||Name of the Event||Chief Guest|
|1.||21.01.2020||National Consumer Protection Day Celebration- Drawing, Poetry & Essay Writing Competition||Dr.P.Arumugam, Assistant Professor in Tamil, SCAS,Perambalur.|
|2.||13.09.2019||GST & Its Features||Dr.D.Kalaiselvan, Assistant Professor in Commerce, Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan College of Arts & Science for Women (Autonomous) Perambalur.|
Our college students T.Mubarak of II B.Sc IT participated and won the 1st prize in the Drawing Competition , M.Vinothkumar of I BCA & G.Swetha of II B.Sc CS participated in the Poetry ,Essay Writing Competition respectively held on 30th January 2020 conducted by Consumer Protection Department of Perambalur District on Celebration of National Consumer Protection Day.