Department Of Forensic Science
Forensic Science has become one of the most important scientific study of the time. It plays a vital role in providing scientific clues to the judicial system in order to maintain peace and law in the society. The course, B.Sc in Forensic Science in Srinivasan College of Arts and Science ( SCAS) is a 3- year graduation course dealing with the application of scientific knowledge to aid in the legal system and also the study of human body. The course deals with various aspects of Forensic Science such as Toxicology, Anthropology, Fingerprints, Ballistics, Cyber, Serology, etc., and learner at the end will be knowledgeable about how to collect various physical, chemical, biological and technological evidences from the scene of crime and to present them in the court of law appropriately. The course will force the learners to think scientifically, develop an inquisitive mind, will enhance scientific and logical reasoning and to handle pressure that can arise while working along with the Judiciary, Law Enforcement and Administrative Agencies. It also focusses on ethics of Forensic Field while dealing with real life crime scenarios.
1. Hands on experience on a range of various Laboratory techniques
2. Experienced staff who bring in professional and research expertise in their teaching
3. Study of human anatomy with application of Forensic Analysis
4. Provides graduates with a wide range of career opportunities
5. Quality Education
6. Nature- Friendly Environment Eligibility Minimum qualification required is a 50% aggregate in the 10+2 examination in Science from PUC/ ISC/CBSE/or other equivalent Boards with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics as Core Subjects.
Job OpportunitiesForensic Scientist
Crime Laboratory Analyst
We have central Cafeteria for Our Students which serves delicious Food & Beverages Read More
Boys & Girls Hostel
We provide separate Hostel Accommodation for Boys and Girls. The hostel Read More